Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Goodbye US, hello Australia!

Alright, so here's the deal....for those of you who don't know, I'm studying abroad in Australia next semester at Bond University. I'm setting up this blog as an easy way to keep people updated on what I am up to, without having to send out a million detailed emails. I have no idea if anyone will even read this, but if you do, I hope it is helpful and interesting :) At this point, I really don't know many details about what the next couple weeks are going to look like, including contact info. I'm not going to have my cell phone, so at this point I would say the best way to get a hold of me is either through this blog, direct email (katied6487@aol.com), or of course facebook :) My flight leaves LAX January 3rd at 10:40pm; I am not sure when after that I am going to be able to get on a computer, but hopefully it will not be too long. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years; I am going to miss you all so very much these next few months. Talk to you soon!
~Katie

PS - If you feel so inclined, it's very easy to leave comments to me on here, and I would very much appreciate hearing from you :)

11 comments:

jenise said...

dont leave me! :(
girl, i better be getting personalized emails too! im gonna miss you soooo much! love ya

Doak said...

Katie,

We will miss your smiling face around our house!! I promise not to play Catch Phase until you return. Enjoy Australia and keep in touch. Love you lots! Doak

Lindsey Olsen said...

YAY! You are going to have so much fun! And im so excited that I get to leave you blog comments now! I love you.

Unknown said...

boo i'm sad i didn't get to see you one last time before you leave... have fun and i can't wait to hear about your crazy adventures.

Garrett Drew said...

Hope he flight went well and good luck with those Australian guys!
Garrett

marz. said...

Katie!

Have fun in the land of down-under.
Learn lots, and don't get too close to the kangaroos... I hear they can be mean. :).

Have a great flight, and I look forward to reading your updates.

Mucho Amor... 'mate'
-Marz

Unknown said...

KATIE!!!
I'm so sorry and bummed that Molly and I didn't get a chance to get to see you this break when i was in the Creek! But I'm so excited for this experience for you! It's going to be unreal! I'm bookmarking your blog right now and will check it constantly and praying for you! You are the greatest and I miss you!!!

Jeri said...

Katie... so jealous you are in Cairns and enjoying summer... It is soooooo cold here! It has been raining and lots of wind. Poor Phoebe can't go out in the yard because the fence to the neighbors blew over. See.... things fall apart when you are not close by. Enjoy your time and keep us posted of the warmth and fun you are having!

Jeri said...

Katie, It was so good to talk to you last night! It was like you were right here but telling us of amazing adventures and reminding us you were not. We will pray a buddy for you or that you will sense God right next to you and rely fully on His buddyship! Either way you get one! How is that... I know when Chris and Abby went, Ali joined in with them. So you may even get two buddies... God is good! Love you, Jeri

Jeri said...

Katie, You know who is reading your blogs! We are... I think you should begin with "G'day!" Helps us remember where you are...

Jeri said...

Katie, FINALLY you told us what you were up to! I have been worried... Yay that Katie Malcomb got there. Yay that your midterms are over... Yay that you are enjoying Australia and the beaches! The time is going by quickly! Make the most of it!!! Love, Jeri